Join our monthly 50|50 draw! All proceeds support the food, care & comfort of our residents & their families.
all proceeds raised from the 50/50 go directly towards the care & support of the nearly 200 residents and their families that ARCH serves each year.
DECEMBER's WINNer: Josh Miller
#E-5113321 | $37,670
At 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 31st, 2020, Josh Miller ended the year on a good note when he received a call that he could hardly believe! Josh Miller of Sault Ste. Marie, ON, won the $37,670 jackpot on New Year’s Eve from the December ARCH 50/50 electronic raffle with ticket number (E-5113321)! What a way to ring in the New Year!
“I couldn’t believe it; my partner and I genuinely thought it was a prank. This is the first time either of us have won anything,” shared Miller. Josh and his partner, Billie-Jo, are two hard-working and dedicated parents of five who do everything they can to help and give back to others. The pair started buying 50/50 tickets online for friends and family as Christmas presents. They decided to take a last minute chance and purchase tickets for themselves. “We took the chance, because... what if?” shared Billie-Jo.
Both Josh and Billie-Jo are Corrections Officers at the Algoma Treatment and Remand Centre here in Sault Ste. Marie. Josh being the OPSEU Local 678 President, he is very grateful to start this New Year on a good note with his winnings. He plans to pay off debt, support his kids, and get a head start on 2021 as this past year has been challenging on everyone.
“We always say that the best part of the ARCH 50/50 draw is contacting the winner and letting them know the good news. This past year has been for difficult for all, financially and emotionally. We are very grateful for the support that we receive through this fundraiser, as it helps out the community and contributes to the $850,000 that Hospice requires to raise each year in order to provide our services free of charge.”, shared Bree Bennett, Marketing and Events Associate at ARCH Hospice.
Questions? We can help!
The Fund Development Team would love to help you with any ARCH 50|50 questions you may have! Please send all your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules of Play
1. The lottery will take place at ARCH Hospice at 229 Fourth Line West in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and online at www.arch5050.ca.
2. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
3. Tickets are 3/$5, 10/$10 and 60/$20.
4. Tickets will be available online at www.arch5050.ca.
5. The draw will commence with a guaranteed prize of $9,999. The prize grows after 50% of gross sales reach over $19,998.
6. Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
7. After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
8. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
9. The amount of the 50/50 will be updated on the link provided at www.arch5050.ca.
10. The winning number will be announced at 5:00pm on the final day of the month on our website at www.arch5050.ca.
11. If the patron with the winning number on their ticket present at the premises at the time of the draw, they may come forward to claim their prize or;
12. If the winner is not at the premises, or does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting ARCH Hospice at: (705) 942- 1556 ext. 202, or by email at: email@example.com. The ticket may then be brought 229 Fourth Line West, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
13. The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchase for.
14. The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
15. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
16. At subsequent events, the number will be posted at www.arch5050.ca.
17. In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than ARCH Hospice, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
18. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
Any paid staff or volunteers of Algoma Residential Community Hospice, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery, including, but not limited to:
The Board of Directors
The Executive Director
The Event Coordinator
The Marketing & Events Intern
Any paid staff or volunteers of ASCEND Fundraising Solutions, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery.
19. The above set of rules will be posted at each event.