Join our first ever monthly 50|50 draw! All proceeds support the food, care & comfort of our residents & their families.
July's winner: harry koskenoja
$45,645 | ticket #a7382933
July’s ARCH 50/50 draw winner was Harry Koskenoja of Sault Ste. Marie, who took home $45,645 with the winning ticket number #A7382933 in the Hospice’s first-ever monthly draw.
Harry was shocked after finding out he had won. "My wife Leila and I purchased tickets to both ARCH and SAHF 50/50 draws – but we didn't ever imagine winning!" Harry shared when picking up his winnings. Harry, like many, couldn’t recall a time he won any sort of draw or scratch ticket.
Harry plans on using part of his winnings for a big bucket list item: a trip to the United Kingdom. “We have had to cancel this trip several times. However, it has been a dream of ours to visit the parts of Great Britain; my wife's father was born and raised.
Please Play Responsibly! Set a limit and stick to it.
Buying tickets as a gift
If you are looking to purchase a ticket as a gift, it's as simple as:
Put the name of who the ticket is for in "Step 2"
You can put your email address if you want to hold the ticket until it's time to give it to them by either printing out their tickets or forwarding them or email it directly to them.
In "Step 3" just put your info as the purchaser.
Frequently Asked Questions
I live in Ontario, but I'm currently in another Province or Country, can I still purchase tickets?
Unfortunately, you MUST be in Ontario at the time of purchase.
How do I get my tickets when I order online?
After buying, we'll email you a receipt with your 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
I purchased a ticket - can I get a refund?
Each purchase will be looked at on a case to case basis. If the request for a refund has merit and is made prior to the draw, we will determine if the refund is eligible. If you have found an issue with your purchase and would like to inquire, contact us.
Which methods of payment are accepted?
No in-person sales, cash or debit can be accepted at this time. You can purchase tickets with the following credit cards:
• American Express
I'm having trouble buying tickets, what do I do?
• Try using a different browser - we find Google Chrome works best.
• Ensure you are physically in Ontario when purchasing, and have clicked "yes" to sharing your location.
• Some corporate firewalls block purchases such as these, try buying at home.
• Make sure you are using an approved payment method listed above.
If you are still having trouble, please email or call us - we would love to help you!
How is the winning number picked?
The winning ticket number will be selected by Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for that draw date.
I didn't receive my tickets- what do I do?
First, please check your junk mail and spam folders, tickets can sometimes be filtered due to strict filters. If you check spam and still can't find your tickets, please contact us with the information below:
• Your name
• The name the tickets were purchased under
• When you purchased the tickets
• The email address the tickets should have been sent to
If you are looking for help, please visit www.problemgamblinghelpline.ca or call 1-888-230-3505
Questions? I can help!
I'd be happy to help you with any ARCH 50|50 questions you may have!
P: 705.942.1556 ext.222
Rules of Play
1. The lottery will take place at ARCH Hospice at 229 Fourth Line West in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and online at www.arch5050.ca.
2. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
3. Tickets are 3/$5, 10/$10 and 60/$20.
4. Tickets will be available online at www.arch5050.ca.
5. The draw will commence with a guaranteed prize of $9,999. The prize grows after 50% of gross sales reach over $19,998.
6. Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
7. After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
8. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
9. The amount of the 50/50 will be updated on the link provided at www.arch5050.ca.
10. The winning number will be announced at 5:00pm on the final day of the month on our website at www.arch5050.ca.
11. If the patron with the winning number on their ticket present at the premises at the time of the draw, they may come forward to claim their prize or;
12. If the winner is not at the premises, or does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting ARCH Hospice at: (705) 942-1556 ext. 202, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket may then be brought 229 Fourth Line West, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
13. The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchase for.
14. The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
15. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
16. At subsequent events, the number will be posted at www.arch5050.ca.
17. In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than ARCH Hospice, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
18. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
Any paid staff or volunteers of Algoma Residential Community Hospice, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery, including, but not limited to:
The Board of Directors
The Executive Director
The Event Coordinator
The Marketing & Events Intern
Any paid staff or volunteers of ASCEND Fundraising Solutions, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery.
19. The above set of rules will be posted at each event.