Join our monthly 50|50 draw! All proceeds support the food, care & comfort of our residents & their families.
all proceeds raised from the 50/50 go directly towards the care & support of the nearly 200 residents and their families that ARCH serves each year.
October's WINner : James rathbone
TICKET #D-3602982 | $39,308
The call that he’d won $39,308 “couldn’t have come at a better time,” for James Rathbone. “I just signed my retirement paperwork, and I was a little worried about what things would look like come January.” James won the October ARCH 50/50 Draw on the 31st with ticket number D-3602982, and was in a bit of disbelief picking up his jackpot cheque. “I’ve never really won anything before. It took me 61 years to win this! I’m still not sure it feels real.”
James worked at Algoma Steel for 40 years, and he is looking forward to retiring and spending more time with his wife, Patti, and their two children and two grandkids. James bucket list item is one many in the North have – enjoying the beautiful outdoors. “This will be a nice nest-egg for retirement for us. We’ve always wanted to get a trailer, and spend some time camping in the area and on Manitoulin Island.”
James Rathbone never expected to win when he bought tickets to the ARCH 50/50 draw. “You don’t expect to win on these things,” shared James. “I buy tickets every month to the ARCH draw, I do it because I want to support a good cause. The care at ARCH is great, and it should be supported.” James has had family at ARCH, and plans to continue to support the Hospice and buy tickets each month.
“I think some people still don’t know we are not fully funded by the government,” shared ARCH Executive Director, Christianne Monico. “We have to fundraise for everything beyond nursing and personal support; including other direct care needs such as: medical care supplies, food, grief & bereavement support, and not to mention other shelter and utilities expenses as well. We don’t charge for our services, so fundraisers like the ARCH 50/50 are essential in off-setting some of those unfunded direct care needs and truly help us continue to serve our community. We love the ARCH 50/50, because not only does it help fund ARCH, but we also really enjoy making someone’s day each month! Giving the jackpot winners their cheques and learning what they plan to cross off their bucket lists is a privilege and something we really look forward to each month.”
Tickets are already on sale for November’s draw and can be purchased at www.ARCH5050.ca. The winner’s jackpot has a guaranteed minimum of $9,999, and the in first four draws, winners have taken home a combined total of over $170,000. All proceeds raised from the 50/50 go directly towards the care and support of the nearly 200 residents and their families that ARCH serves each year. November’s winner will be drawn on November 30, at 5:00pm. License #12061
september's winner: tim mccreight
$39,195 | ticket #c1187887
august's winner: Christine holt
$46,040 | ticket #b4266558
july's winner: Harry Koskenoja
$45,645 | ticket #A7382933
Buying tickets as a gift
If you are looking to purchase a ticket as a gift, it's as simple as:
For a gift, enter your recipient’s first and last name, email address* in "Step 2". In "Step 3" enter only the credit card holders' information as the purchaser.For group buys simply add “in trust” after the group leaders last name in “Step 2”.
Frequently Asked Questions
I live in Ontario, but I'm currently in another Province or Country, can I still purchase tickets?
Unfortunately, you MUST be in Ontario at the time of purchase.
How do I get my tickets when I order online?
After buying, we'll email you a receipt with your 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
I purchased a ticket - can I get a refund?
Each purchase will be looked at on a case to case basis. If the request for a refund has merit and is made prior to the draw, we will determine if the refund is eligible. If you have found an issue with your purchase and would like to inquire, contact us.
Which methods of payment are accepted?
No in-person sales, cash or debit can be accepted at this time. You can purchase tickets with the following credit cards:
• American Express
I'm having trouble buying tickets, what do I do?
• Try using a different browser - we find Google Chrome works best.
• Ensure you are physically in Ontario when purchasing, and have clicked "yes" to sharing your location.
• Some corporate firewalls block purchases such as these, try buying at home.
• Make sure you are using an approved payment method listed above.
If you are still having trouble, please email or call us - we would love to help you!
How is the winning number picked?
The winning ticket number will be selected by Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for that draw date.
I didn't receive my tickets- what do I do?
First, please check your junk mail and spam folders, tickets can sometimes be filtered due to strict filters. If you check spam and still can't find your tickets, please contact us with the information below:
• Your name
• The name the tickets were purchased under
• When you purchased the tickets
• The email address the tickets should have been sent to
If you are looking for help, please visit www.problemgamblinghelpline.ca or call 1-888-230-3505
Questions? We can help!
The Fund Development Team would love to help you with any ARCH 50|50 questions you may have! Please send all your questions to email@example.com.
Rules of Play
1. The lottery will take place at ARCH Hospice at 229 Fourth Line West in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and online at www.arch5050.ca.
2. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
3. Tickets are 3/$5, 10/$10 and 60/$20.
4. Tickets will be available online at www.arch5050.ca.
5. The draw will commence with a guaranteed prize of $9,999. The prize grows after 50% of gross sales reach over $19,998.
6. Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
7. After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
8. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
9. The amount of the 50/50 will be updated on the link provided at www.arch5050.ca.
10. The winning number will be announced at 5:00pm on the final day of the month on our website at www.arch5050.ca.
11. If the patron with the winning number on their ticket present at the premises at the time of the draw, they may come forward to claim their prize or;
12. If the winner is not at the premises, or does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting ARCH Hospice at: (705) 942-1556 ext. 202, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket may then be brought 229 Fourth Line West, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
13. The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchase for.
14. The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
15. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
16. At subsequent events, the number will be posted at www.arch5050.ca.
17. In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than ARCH Hospice, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
18. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
Any paid staff or volunteers of Algoma Residential Community Hospice, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery, including, but not limited to:
The Board of Directors
The Executive Director
The Event Coordinator
The Marketing & Events Intern
Any paid staff or volunteers of ASCEND Fundraising Solutions, and members of their household, that are involved in any way with the management and conduct of the lottery.
19. The above set of rules will be posted at each event.